- large gum leaves
- Penne pasta
- pony beads
- single hole punch
What to do:
- Cut a length of string for a necklace.
- Punch a hole near the top of each leaf.
- Thread one leaf onto the string and tie it about two thirds of the way along.
- Thread alternately, a piece of pasta and a leaf, or a bead and a leaf, or a combination of all three, until your leaves fill the middle third of the string.
- Tie the end of the string together to make a necklace.
- Paint dots on the leaves before threading them. However, you will need to let the paint dry before threading them.
- Paint dots on afterwards. This will be more challenging for your toddler to handle, and could end up quite messy.
- You can use large buttons instead of pony beads, or anything that has a hole large enough for your toddler to thread the string through.
Safety first: Avoid small items that young children might put in their mouths and accidentally swallow or inhale.
Click below to go back to