This works well even if there’s not much wind as children can run with it and pull it behind them.
- coloured paper with diamond shape drawn on it
- coloured paper shapes, bits of glittery paper, ribbon etc to decorate
- sticky tape, glue, scissors
- optional: coloured pencils/crayons/textas
- single hole punch
- string or wool
- long piece of wide ribbon for tail
What to do:
- Cut out the diamond shape. [Keep the bits cut off to make shapes for decorating the tail, or other kites.]
- Glue coloured paper shapes to the kite to decorate, or use coloured pencils etc. to draw decorations.
- Glue a triangle onto the top point to strengthen it. [This is where you punch a hole for the string to go through.]
- Cut a long length of ribbon for the tail.
- Decorate the tail with glittery bits, bows etc.
- Punch a hole in the top corner of the kite.
- Thread a long length of wool or string through and tie it on, then go fly your kite!
Click here to go back to