- small paper plates with a small hole poked in the middle (or use large plates if you want a really big umbrella)
- chenille sticks or pipe cleaners – use half a stick for small plates, a whole one for large plates
- markers and crayons, stickers, clip art etc. to decorate
- scissors, glue stick, sticky tape
What to do:
- Decorate the back of a paper plate with crayons or felt tip markers, stickers etc. or print off some clip art from your computer to cut out and paste on.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the plate with scissors.
- Poke a chenille stick up through the hole in the plate to make the handle. Bend it over and attach it to the paper plate with a piece of sticky tape, or fasten it in place with a sticker.
- Bend the lower end to make the handle shape.
Click below to go back to: