Reading through Ephesians Week 2: Justice
United by Christ, No longer Strangers
Monday August 6 Ephesians 2: 11-13
Tuesday August 7 Ephesians 2: 14-15
Wednesday August 8 Ephesians 2:16
Thursday August 9 Ephesian17-18
Friday August 10 Ephesians 2: 19
Saturday August 11 Ephesians 2: 20-22
Here are some ways that you can choose to read the text.
- Underline words or phrases that seem key or important to you. Put a question mark next to anything that puzzles you.
- Focus on the key words as a form of prayer. Contemplate them.
- For what do you want to give thanks to God in the light of the text? Make that a prayer.
- Read or re-read a longer section of the text to get better sense of its overall meaning.
- Read the text in a different translation. Go to biblegateway.com – have a look at The New Revised Standard Version, The New International Version, The Contemporary English Version, or The Message (paraphrase, not a translation as such.)
Or ask yourself these questions:-
- What unites you?
- What make you distinctive?
- When you look at the church family to which you belong,
- What unites us?
- What makes us different?
- Thank God for the person who unites us best: Jesus.
Bless us, O God!
May we be united in love for you, and because of you
united as your holy people,
united together in you.