Nineteen intrepid workers fronted for the annual January working bee. This impressive number of busy bees completed an impressive number of tasks, including –
· Windows cleaned inside and out throughout the complex (including windows between office and foyer)
· Curtains washed
· Cobwebs removed from most areas
· Red chairs with scratches painted
· Hewett Room repainted “below the Plimsoll Line” (ie below hanging rail)
· Painting in toilets
· Paint touch-ups in the passageway, hall, kitchen and Aldersgate Room
· Coffee Lounge window ledges sanded and varnished, and some re-painting
· Car park cleaned up
· Car park gate made self-closing
· Shelving installed in the Container
We are grateful to all workers who contributed to the accomplishing of so much on the day.
In addition, the floors of the Hewett Room, Hall and Passageway were polished, and the carpets in the Coffee Lounge and Library were cleaned.