Thank you to all those who helped make Saturday 15th October 2011, our second combined Blackwood Mini Field of Women and Girls Afternoon-In such a success. There were over 140 people who came along and 18 local businesses and breast cancer support groups who had displays and showcased their goods and services.
- The organising committee consisted of four women from Breast Cancer Network Australia, Blackwood Curves and the Blackwood Uniting Church who had spent many voluntary hours organising and preparing for the day.
- The guest speaker’s fare from Brisbane was subsidised by generous donations from Iain Evans MP and Aveo through the Every Generations Festival.
- Entertainment was provided for free by the Corowood Choir, tribal belly dancers from the Cinnabar Red Dance Collective and The Lancashire Witches Women Morris Dancers.
- The delicious afternoon tea was provided by the congregation of the Blackwood Uniting Church.
- Thank you too to all the wonderful local businesses, which provided donations for the door prize, raffle and goody bags.
The event raised $2,319 which will be divided between the two charities, Breast Cancer Network Australia and the Cancer Council. A great day for a great cause.
Helene Hipp, Volunteer Liaison for BCNA
This letter will also appear in the Messenger at some point.