What is Messy Church?
An alternative family-oriented church!
Messy Church is a time for families to connect with each other and with God in a relaxed atmosphere. It is an alternative, family-oriented church that aims to make fun and doing the centre of worship.
When: First Sundays of each month, 4–6 pm (except in school holidays)
Where: Here at Blackwood Uniting Church
Cost: $10 donation per family, includes a simple meal.*
*We suggest a donation of $10 per family for the meal and to cover costs, but if that’s a problem, don’t let that stop you coming. We’d rather have you there than not.
Messy Church Program 2020
Theme: Stories of children and God
- February 2nd: Miriam and Moses
- March 1st: A boy shares his lunch
- April 12th: Easter Sunday [NB: NOT 5th]
School Holidays 10th – 26th April
- May 3rd: Samuel hears God
- June 14th: David is chosen
[NB: NOT 7th – long weekend]
- July: No Messy Church
School Holidays (4th – 19th July)
- August 2nd: National Aboriginal and Islander Children’s Day
- September 13th: (Father’s Day Sept 6th):
A sick girl is healed
- October: No Messy Church
School Holidays (26th Sep – 11th Oct)
- November 1st: A servant girl offers advice
- December 6th: Messy Christmas