Celebrating Peter Collins’ Life
Peter George Collins
6 January 1943 – 31 August 2013
Blackwood Uniting Church and the BUC Community hosted a service to Celebrate the life of Peter Collins on Friday the 6th of September 2013.
His wife, Karen Collins, daughter, Anne, son, Michael, and granddaughter, Ethne, would like to thank everyone who attended, both in person and via a live webcast. “You being ‘there’ helped make this service very special to all of us.”
A special thank you must also go to the Rev Leanne Jenski for her support throughout Peter’s illness and for leading us through the service to celebrate the life of Peter. Karen and the family would also like to thank the many people who assisted in the preparation of this celebration.
Audio recording of the Celebration Service
This link will take you to an audio recording of virtually the entire service. Please be patient as there is a period of waiting for the celebration service to begin and there is only the background sound of “Bach for Breakfast” or skip forward to 6:00 if you prefer:
Individual elements of the Celebration Service
Please click on any of the following links if you would like to read or watch the tributes prepared for this service.
- Eulogy – Karen Collins, wife (PDF)
- Tribute – Ethne Collins, granddaughter (PDF)
- Tribute – Michael Collins, son (PDF)
- Video – David Collins, brother (WMV, 42.4 MB download)
- Video – Ian Collins, brother (WMV, 322 MB download)
- Video – Robby Larkin, nephew (MP4, 361 MB download)
- Tribute – Chris Hughes, friend and sailing partner (PDF, was spoken by Leanne)
- Tribute – Ian & Carol Leaver, friends and sailing partners (PDF, was spoken by Leanne)
- Video – Mike Roberts, friend (WMV, 64.6 MB download)
- Farewell music – “Isa Lei”, the national farewell song of Fiji (the song and lyrics with an English translation – the one at the top, not the bottom – but you seriously want to skip to 2:44 to miss the long explanation about why they had to re-do the translation)
Webcast of the Celebration Service
Although there were some glitches in the live webcast, there are five videos that can be seen of some bits of the service. To see them in sequence, please scroll down and click each of the five videos below to watch them or scroll to the very bottom where further thanks and links to possible donation organisations are found.
Fifth and last video:
The live webcast was arranged by Al Brocklehurst’s Community Domain Name Hosting (a service of Uniting Communications). This webcast page can be found on http://ustre.am/14r83.
For those who would like to do more, the family sincerely appreciate donations in memory of Peter and offer the following suggestions:
- Natural History Society of South Australia Inc – http://nhssa.com.au/support-us/make-a-donation/
- Peter’s daughter, Anne Collins, did the 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer in Peter’s memory:
- Peter Clements also did the 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer in Peter’s Memory:
- Daw House Hospice Foundation – donate via this link: http://www.givenow.com.au/dawhouse