On Sunday April 10th, 2022, Churches Together SA along with other justice and peace networks, are organising the Palm Sunday Peace & Justice Walk. This has been a long-standing tradition in South Australia, where the broader community as well as Churches and Faith Communities, walk together in solidarity for peacemaking and justice keeping.
As a radical, visible sign of peace-making presence, respect, solace, and harmony, this Walk will be in silence, with our banners as our voice. We walk for many areas of concern.
This year’s Key Foci are:
- Reconciliation & Statement from the heart
- Justice for Refugees
- Environment & Climate Change
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
1. Gather at Tarntanyanga/Victoria Square from 1.30 pm for a 2 pm start
2. Bring Banners, wear symbols or statements as a visible presence
3. Welcome to Kaurna Country
4. The Walk – travel down King William St, turn at North Tce and return to Victoria Square
5. Speakers on the key foci will share information
6. Engage with the Sponsors & Endorsers via the Promotion Tables & enjoy the music.