SAT 26th Nov 10—3
At the CARExpo we are going to have 4 spaces where we will encourage parents attending to let their children play. 3 will just have books and toys but the main one, in the Hall, will have some craft type activities.
We will NOT be providing a creche, as it is up to parents to monitor their children. However, I would like to have a few people (on a roster?) just wandering and observing to report back with any issues. They could obviously lend a hand wherever if they wanted to!
What do you think? Could you spare some time on the day?
HOME MADE BAKED GOODS
You may have read the add for people to bring some baked goods to sell? Well we need a few people (rostered) to volunteer to sell them at a stall if possible?
We want to sell cool drinks on the day from the kitchen as well as keep up the supply of jugs of water for people to serve themselves in disposable cups from just outside of the kitchen.
Are you available to be on a roster?
SET UP SET DOWN
We will need a good cohort of helpers prepared to help set up and down as well.
Set up will be as follows:
- Friday 25th from 1pm – 4pm then 6pm onwards on inside work.
- Saturday morning – from 6am to 7am to erect some shades outside.
- Saturday afternoon – 3pm till finished. The jobs are:
- Dismantle the shades outside
- Remove power supplies to all sites
- Dismantle and transfer back to the depot, the screens borrowed from Rotary
- Return all toys to their right place
- Return chairs and tables to their normal place
- Return each space suitable for church next morning
- Clean where appropriate
This may seem like a mammoth task, but as with the Fete, many hands make light work. We will have some assistance from people outside the church as well.
These requests will be on a sheet in the hall for the next few weeks for you to add your name or you can just let me know.
Peter Cranwell 0419844687 or firstname.lastname@example.org