Several people have asked again for the “The Top Five Regrets of the Dying” which Rev Phil cited in his address to each worship community last week, from the book of the same name by Australian palliative care nurse Bronnie Ware.
When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again. Here are the most common five:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I didn’t work so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Click the link for more details on each of the “The Top Five Regrets of the Dying”.